Been sampling, cupping, and inspecting literally scores of oolongs from all over Taiwan. Thanks to some good friends who are foragers and adventurers (you definitely know who you are) and some diligence on our part (and some luck) we have access to some of the best and rare oolongs in the world. Hence, it is freaking hard to choose which to list on the site and sell from the store. It can be a daunting task to pick the few that can represent. Did I just say represent? I guess I did.
So I have learned the art of spitting. Much like wine tasting, you can only taste teas for so long before you get a MASSIVE caffeine dose. So you gotta spit.
I am still a bit unsure about this year’s crop relative to last on some counts, specifically on complexity and depth, from one farm anyway. Not sure about the causes yet. That said, some of the new ones are stellar. Expect them up on the site in the next few weeks. I have picked five fantastic ones with two more to come.
Currently savoring a Da Hong Pao or ‘Big Red Robe’ dark oolong from the Wuyi mountains in China. Incredible, it is last year’s batch I overlooked somehow. Great flavor variations; spicy, nutty, slightly grape-like and really satisfying. I hope to get some of this year’s. Stay tuned.
- boggy creek
- Buy fine tea wholesale with minimal hassle
- Buy oolong tea for that special treat
- Buy oolong tea for unique taste and refined refreshment
- Buy oolong tea the quick and simple way
- Buy someone special unique green tea gifts
- Buy tea wholesale without compromising on quality
- Buy the perfect tea gifts at affordable prices
- Buy your tea wholesale from a quality retailer